- Caltech Attractions
- Old Town Pasadena
- Armory Center for the Arts
- Huntington Library & Botanical Gardens The Huntington Art Gallery contains 18th century British and European paintings, tapestries, porcelain, miniatures, sculpture, period furniture, and one of the world's greatest collections of rare books and manuscripts. The Virginia Steele Scott Gallery of American Art displays paintings from the 1730s to the 1930s. The botanical gardens cover 150 acres and contain 14,000 varieties of plants, trees and shrubs.
- Norton Simon Museum
411 W. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena; (626) 449-6840 http://www.nortonsimon.org Exhibits art from the early Renaissance through the mid-20th century, including paintings from Degas, Monet, Rembrandt, Renoir and Van Gogh. Admission is free for students with ID! The ARTS Bus downtown route has a stop right at the entrance of the museum.
- Pacific Asia Museum
46 N. Los Robles Ave. Pasadena; (626) 449-2742 http://www.pacificasiamuseum.org Houses historical, cultural and art exhibits of the far east and the Pacific. Exhibits change biannually.
- Pasadena Museum of California Art (PMCA)
490 East Union Street
http://www.pmcaonline.com Rotating exhibits by California artists. In the summer the rooftop patio also serves as a location for Sunday afternoon dance parties.
- The Gamble House - Architecture
4 Westmoreland Pl. Pasadena; (626) 793-3334
Designed by Charles and Henry Greene, this 1908 bungalow-style home features sculptured woodwork, hand-shaped beams, distinctive stained glass and original furnishings.
- El Molino Viejo (The Old Mill)
1120 Old Mill Dr., San Marino; (626) 449-5458 Built in 1816 for the San Gabriel Mission, the Old Mill features gardens, an art gallery and a museum. Open Tue-Sun, 1-4pm. Admission is free.