- Where to buy things you need or don't need
- Where to find useful businesses and civic services
- Groceries and Markets
- Campus: Caltech Dining Services, the Athenaeum, vending machines, and seminars
- Near Campus: California Blvd, S Lake Ave, etc.
- Pasadena: May want a car at this point
- LA: Everything under the sun
- Late Night Food
Entertainment and Recreation
Check local recommendation sites like Yelp and travel sites like Lonely Planet for the most up-to-date information. Los Angeles Magazine also has a lot of local information. Additionally the Catalinas Residential Life team maintain a blog with a Getting Out Guide to nearby attractions with recommendations and transportation information
- Pasadena Attractions: The closest stuff
- LA Attractions: Hollywood, etc.
- Nightlife and Entertainment: Bars, clubs, music, etc.
- Outdoors: All that green, blue, and dirty stuff
- Group and Family Fun Museums, Gardens, Amusement Parks, etc.
- Sports Related In case Caltech doesn't have enough for you
- Beyond LA: The great state of California and the rest of the Southwest